Around 1950 Esbjerg Motor Sport moved their speedway meetings to the Athletic Stadium in Esbjerg because the facilities for the fans were better than at Korskro speedway track
June 5.1951: Meeting.
The meeting opened with two attempts for the track record, both successfully. The Swede Evert “Kumla” Fransson’s record on 1,19,5 got lowered first by Aage Andersen’s time 1,19,1 and finally Orla Knudsen rode in 1,17,0 and became record holder.
A cover from one of the earlier programmes
(not the first) from Esbjerg Stadium.
Sunday June 5.1951.
The list of riders.
Results: Expert 500 cc:
1. Orla Knudsen Copenhagen 19 point.
2. Kiehn Berthelsen Copenhagen 12 point.
3. Aage Andersen Copenhagen 10 point.
4. Erhardt Fisker Copenhagen 5 point.
5. Uno Jensen Copenhagen 4 point.
Special 500 cc.
1. Jeppe Ussing Boerkop 12 point.
2. Borge Breinsborg Esbjerg 7 point.
3. Th. Rasmussen Aarhus 2 point.
4. Kurt Lauridsen Esbjerg 0 point.
Standard Sport 500 cc:
1. Borge Morch Kolding 9 point.
2. Knud Nielsen Aarhus 6 point.
3. Aage Iversen Sonderborg 5 point.
4. Borge Petersen Aarhus 3 point.
Lightweight 175 cc:
1. Henrik Wozny Odense 14 point.
2. Sonny Beyer Odense 11 point.
3. Svend Nielsen Odense 8 point.
4. Kiehn Berthelsen Copenhagen 7 point.
5. Erhardt Fisker Copenhagen 4 point.
1955 was a busy year at Esbjerg Stadium with meetings on April 24th, May 22nd and August 14th
24. April 1955:
The weather was not with Esbjerg in the days before the meeting, and definitely not on the day either.
So the track was wet and heavy, but nevertheless the meeting got absolved.
1. Hans Jäger, Germany.
2. Aksel Müller, Skanderborg
1. Arne Svendsen, Silkeborg
2. Knud Nielsen, Aarhus
1. Borge Morch, Kolding
2. Soren Juul, Viborg
1. Svend Hoj, Karup
2. Jorgen Berlin, Odense
September 11.1960. Danish Championship Final:
500 cc senior.
1: Kurt W Pedersen, 15 point.
2: H. P. Boisen, 14 point.
3: Svend Nissen.
4: Jens Ring.
5. juni 1966. Danish Championship Final 500 cc.
1. Godtfred Andreasen Horsens
2. Kurt Bogh Holsted
3. Poul Wissing Vejle
4. Borge Christiansen Slangerup
5. Ole Olsen Haderslev
6. Ole Thygesen Dahm Sønderborg
The Danish team tournaments began after a break again in 1967, and the years final was ridden at the Stadium, where the home team – The Vikings -won the first Team Championship.
At the samme meeting the Danish Junior Championship was staged.
Bent Norregaard Jensen won the first individual title for Esbjerg Motor Sport
Bent Norregaard Jensen in the
Hammers’ race jacket.
Bent Norregaard Jensen and Kristian Praestbro were those day’s hot names in EMS , and the club’s riders rode successfully all over Europe.
September 15. 1968 Danish Championship Final.
From early morning the rain poured heavily down and a cancellation was imminent. Anyhow a gigantic effort with pumps, shovels and anything able to soak water solved most of the problems. A weather improvement and a fresh wind along the track helped enough to allow the meeting to begin, and by and by the track got still better.
1. Ole Olsen Haderslev 15 point.
2. Bent Norregaard Jensen Esbjerg 14 point.
3. Kurt Boegh Holsted 11 point.
4. Preben Moller Christensen Odense 11 point.
Godtfred Andreasen passing Erik Groen and
and Jorn Mogensen outside in heat 17.
Ole Olsen on the podium between
Bent N. Jensen and Kurt Boegh.
After re-building of the Korskro finished in 1969 the speedway meetings returned to there.
If you posses any information, stories, pictures or other material regarding this track,
you kindly would make available for this website, Please do so by proceeding
to the contact page or by using the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much in advance.